Top 10 Contemporary Tracks
1. THE INSPIRAL CARPETS Spitfire
Punchy new single from the Madchester indie legends, already aired on Made In Chelsea.
2. SOURYA Winterwind *
Mesmerising, widescreen soundscape from the French talent who’s friendly with those Daft Punks.
3. BLANCMANGE Living On The Ceiling (New Version)
Top flight reimagining of the synth-pop act’s classy hit from 1982.
4. PETE MOLINARI Hang My Head In Shame
Shades of Jack White and Jake Bugg can be heard on this rootsy offering from 2014.
5. HAZEL O’CONNOR Perfect Day
The 80s chanteuse offers a jazzy, torch singer vibe to the much-covered Lou Reed classic.
6. THE MUFFS Weird Boy Next Door
Scuzzy American college/indie rock with a definite grunge vibe and female vocals.
7. LOS PACAMINOS Don’t Make Me Wait Senorita
A lilting Tex-Mex offering from the barroom band fronted by famous 80s star Paul Young.
8. CLAUDIA BRÜCKEN Letting Go
The one-time Propaganda singer returns with this sublime, beautifully-produced pop ditty.
9. THE FALL The Remainderer
Off-kilter, abstract and frankly unsettling music from the legendary Manchester indie band.
10. MARC ALMOND Tasmanian Tiger
Dramatic, dark, wonderfully